Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hints For Current Employees - #1

I do appreciate when my employees refer people to me. I have hired a number of my employees' friends and relatives over the years. I don't like having friends and relatives work together, however. My fear is that one of them will quit and then the other will. Thus leaving me with 2 openings to fill.

What I don't appreciate, however, is when one of my employees hounds me to hire someone. I have a current employee who has begun being very aggressive with her "marketing" of her son and daughter to me. I have told the employee firmly, but politely that I will keep the applications on hand and compare them to our other applications we have when we have openings.

My administrative assistant is now having me hide when the employee and her family come in. Probably in part so I'm not rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment